Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Coddington 17" p-type replica's

I'm making this thread to take Supersubs thread (http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=54567) to the next level. I know when he started it, he wasn't really thinking it would go anywhere besides a fancy pipe dream. But, luckily for us, it is being made into much more. Thanks to his designs, and work he has put into those designs; having these remade is going to be a reality.

The wheels are going to be available in the following configurations:
    Stepped lip only
    17x8, 17x9.5, or 17x11
    They do not offer a 17x8.5. They just don't do it for some reason, that's all I can tell you.

Offset: From -12mm to +25mm and anywhere in between. When I set up the group buy, you can specify your exact offset you want for front and rear. That also obviously makes it available for L-types.

They will come in a polished finish. If anodizing or powdercoating is wanted to be done, it would be $100 more a wheel, depending on how many they run of the anodized or powdercoated wheels.

Price: At this point, the estimate I have is right around $2600 a set.

Lead time: Once the group buy is completed, right around six weeks. This will have to happen after the first set is made, then test fitted on a car with a J/K bbk. As far as we know, according to the renderings made by Mike(supersubs) they will fit. But we obviously need to be sure. They're located in Kansas City, Mo, so the easiest way to test fit these would be to have someone who lives somewhat close, with a bbk, go to their shop and test fit. I doubt we'll find someone to do that so I'll probably end up having them shipped for test fitment.

Edit: They are located at:
    Genuine Boyds
    7211 NW 83rd Street
    Suite 250
    Kansas City, MO 64152

That's all I have to say at this point, check this thread for updates. If you have questions please post them here.

Austin

Here is the rendering that we sent Coddington:

Here's the photoshop Mike did to Dave's car. If he does anymore I hope he will post them here. I am terrible with photoshop.
    Last edited by Austin E; 05-04-2010 at 08:56 PM.
    Austin Easley
    1984 Light blue Mkii

Also:
    Biggest reason for stepped lip, rather then reverse lip like Malloy has on his Ssr's, is the size availability Coddington offers.
    For 17" reverse lip they only offer:
    17x7, 8 and 10
    Austin Easley
    1984 Light blue Mkii

I'm in....not sure how far they are from Dave Shepard but he's in so-cal with a front and rear BBK.

Quote Originally Posted by gottakeepon View Post
    Price: At this point, the estimate I have is right around $2600 a wheel.
    I'm sure that is a typo there Austin

> Wishing life, and the economy was treating me a bit better than it is <
    Shawn > Junkie < 83 Ltype 7mgte/a340 swap, 84 Ptype 7mgte and 20k original miles on the chassis, 85 Ptype Blue Hard top, basicaly stock. 82 Ltype, auto ... not home yet, but another added to the stable.

Ha! I was about to say the same thing. We don't want to scare people away already Austin!

A huge thanks for Austin pushing this through to multiple companies looking for someone to take the initiative and time to give us some figures! I never had the time or libido to do this on my own, so this is all at Austin's credit!

Can't wait for updates!

-Mike

i was thinking 10gs is a painful price but mike your other posts with the black and red wheel made me pee a little, thats the sexiest thing i've ever seen.

DEFEND AND KNOW YOUR RIGHTS www.opencarry.org
    Russ

Those who routinely drive in the rain will appreciate the stepped lip.

? ? ? ?

Please tell me you mean 260 per...
    85 Supra, Red, Auto, 300k. Chimpy 6M. MHG & ARPs. 60-1 Trim, Stainless Lines, Q45 Brakes, 16's, Al Rad+E fan, Oil kit and cooler, MSD 6a + Accel Coil ms2 3.57... Air shocks and coil overs in the works.. Maybe a mk3 trans next........

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    ? ? ? ?

Please tell me you mean 260 per...

His other post in the pic thread was 2850 per set IIRC. Which, is more than a realistic price, for custom wheels. Last set I had done, 10 years ago, was 800ish per wheel.
    Shawn > Junkie < 83 Ltype 7mgte/a340 swap, 84 Ptype 7mgte and 20k original miles on the chassis, 85 Ptype Blue Hard top, basicaly stock. 82 Ltype, auto ... not home yet, but another added to the stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Supra GTR View Post
    Those who routinely drive in the rain will appreciate the stepped lip.
    Who drives in the rain? << Garage Queen sits inside collecting dust and dryrot>>>

I for sho would have to rock the polished wheels for a while before I dare dissassemble them and have them coated any color. It could be a devistatingly expensive mistake!

-Mike

Thread Information