Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

My 85 Restoration Project (Not 56K Friendly)

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  MrTechNIC 
#1 ·
Well I guess its beyond due time to finally post up some pictures of my project. Its a 1985 with everything shaved/molded. In January of '06 I brought 3 friends home with me from college (WyoTech Blairsville PA) and in about 10 hours and 2 cases of beer later I was staring at the shell of a car that I just drove home in. I molded in an Erebuni body kit (PITA) and shaved the doors and all the moldings. The car is originally a L-Type but I grabbed some P-type fenders and rear flares to work with the body kit. I stripped out my interior to make room for sound deadening material. I chipped up all of the factory stuff in search of rust, and rust I did find. I don't plan on using a spare tire so I cut that out and welded in a panel. It looked like swiss chesse anyways. The rear driver side seat belt buckle mount was rusted to the point where I could probably throw a cat through the hole in it, very much not safe. That got cut out as well and probably tomorrow I will be welding in a new piece of sheet metal with some 1/4"-3/8" steel behind it to mount the buckle to. Also underneath the factory sound proofing I found a very large hole into the front wheel well in the pass side footwell. In the trunk I am going to be installing a fiberglass box that I made in school that will hold 3 12" Polk MOMO Subwoofers that I am going to mold to the side panels for a nice clean seamless look. Let me know what you guys think.

and no my welding helmet is not the pink one! It is the one with the joker on the side.

See less See more
#6 ·
The wheels on it now are the L-Type wheels. I have a set of 17x8 5 Spoke Wheels I am going to throw on. It is going to be Viper Black, the wheels are going to be painted the same color, and the windows have 10% tint on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.